- Not all Cubs fans are douchebags. This was surprising to me. I've been to about 10 in my lifetime, and almost every time, someone I'm with gets into a fight with one of 'them'. The 2 gentlemen behind me were actually cordial to me. This was most likely due to the fact that they were not drinking.
- No matter what section you're sitting in, there will be one Cubs fan who has had waaaay too much to drink, that even his fellow fans will shake their heads in dismay at. Who picks fights with a 60 year old Brewers fan just watching the game in silence? Terrible.
- Brewers fans are not as vocal when the Cubs are in town. It's sad, really.
- If you see a really hot girl not wearing any team colors at all - she's from Chicago.
- If you overhear someone complain about the price of beer, they are probably Cubs fans.
- At least 50% of the people from Chicago came on a coach/charter bus or limousine. Most of these busses have bathrooms on them. This also explains why most of the Cubbie lovers are wasted by the time they get to Milwaukee.
- Aramis Ramirez is apparently made of glass.
- Ryan Braun literally has crushed ice running through his veins.
- Cubs fans would not like Jason Kendall back on their roster. I'm ok with this.
- Some, not all, from North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Iowa are Cubs fans. Why? Because they get WGN. Laaaaame.
- There is no greater feeling than leaving the ballpark with thousands of screaming, chanting, drunk Brewers fans. Comeradery is cool.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Ahhhh yes. Can you smell that in the air? 'That' is the FIB stink of another Cubs/Brewers series at Milwaukee's own Miller Park. Unless you've lived under a boulder most of your life, you know that the series is a heated one. Brewers fans hate Cubs fans and vice versa. I was rather subdued last night, as I attended the game with 2 older females. Seats were section 237, loge outfield directly under Bernie's slide. A few of the things running through my (to some degree) sober head after I got home around bar time included:
Posted by Tepid Epics at 2:54 PM