Sunday, September 6, 2009

AFC North - jayballistic

AFC North
1 Pittsburgh
2 Baltimore
3 Cincinnati
4 Cleveland


Pittsburgh is essentially a playoff dynasty, and this year should be no different. I think Willie Parker is on the downside of his career but Big Ben still has plenty of tools at his disposal. The Steelers' vaunted D is still tough, Coach Tomlin is an asset, and the offense is anchored by a veteran wide receiver corps: I still feel good about an 11-5 Pittsburgh. I love Ed Reed and Ray Lewis, but I'm not sold on Flacco and Rice quite yet in Baltimore. The Wild Card is a possibility if those key Ravens do prove they are for real this year. In Cincy, I believe Ochocinco will be back, at least statistically, but I foresee another turbulent season for the injury-prone Palmer. T.J will be missed and I don't see any breakout performances from the skill positions. Lewis is on the hot seat and I think this is not going to end well for him. And Cleveland. Oh, brother. I want so badly for the Mistake By The Lake to have a Championship in ANY sport, but these bumbling tools cannot buy a decent football squad. They have Mangini, who has the Belichick-patented superiority complex without any of the validity that The Hoodie possesses, they have a completely fabricated QB controversy, a totally over-the-hill running back, a diva wideout who couldn't catch the Swine Flu in Mexico City, and don't forget they still have Donte Stallworth... ahem. But hey, they got rid of Kellen Winslow, Jr. so it's all good, right? Enjoy 4 - 12, Cleveland, and give Brady Quinn a chance... to play for someone else.

No comments: