Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Manny Parra's Pre-Game Inbox - 7/9/09

To: Manny Parra
From: Mom
8:36 AM
Subject: Good Luck

Manny,

I heard the good news, that you are going back to Milwaukee to pitch for the Brewers. Show them they were wrong to send you to AAA. Good luck, do what we know you can do.

Love,

Mom
_______________________________________________

To: Manny Parra
From: Doug Melvin
8:58 AM
Subject: Distraction

Manny,

You pitched pretty well in Nashville, we are glad to have you back in Milwaukee, we only ask that you become a solid #2 type of starter. No pressure

Now, could you do me a huge favor and tick off Prince again....My Deputy (Braun) and I could really go for getting the spotlight off of our little spat. Just make sure Dave Bush isn't behind you again as he is still a little tender and we really need him for the 2nd half.

Don't worry about the rumors I am looking to make a trade for a pitcher, you won't be affected at all (did you find a nice place to stay in Nashville?)......off that subject, I've heard Seattle is a nice city, I just feel you should know that, and was just curious how you felt about Canada, I'm Canadian you know.

Yours truly,

Doug Melvin

______________________________________________________


To: Manny Parra
From: Corey Hart
9:40 AM
Subject: Nashville

Parra,

Hey, sorry you left Nashville, I love that city, such good music always playing there, so close to my home in Bowling Green, KY.... Gosh I love the Grand Ole Opry. Only in Nashville do people not ask me to wear sunglasses at night, mostly because no one has ever heard that song because they listen to real music in Nashville....god I hate that song.

Hart

_________________________________________________________

To: Manny Parra
From: Albert Pujols
10:01AM
Subject: I will punish you

Dearest Manny Parra,

I heard you have confidence issues....I would like to remind you that I am batting .331 with 31 HRs, only 82 RBIs. So, you might not want to think about that.

And if you dare throw a ball inside to me, I will pummel you and stare down my HR (I would have totally stared at it anyways)....point is, don't throw inside on me, unclassy.

Albert Pujols

_______________________________________________________

To: Manny Parra
From: Seth McClung
11:53 AM
Subject: Milwaukee

Hey, welcome back Manny. I'll be rooting for you, but just remember, Milwaukee still likes me more! I have sweet nicknames....you have 'SubParra', but today you will be 'AboveParra'!!

Seth "McHung" Big Red" McClung

________________________________________________________

To: Manny Parra
From: Sheffields House
11:54 AM
Subject: Good Luck

Manny,

Best of luck to you, seriously, shut the Redbirds down!

Love,

The folks at sheffieldshouse.com

____________________________________________________

To: Manny Parra
From: Toppers Pizza - Waukesha Location
12:00PM
Subject: Welcome Back

Manny,

We are glad to hear you are back, ever since you, Brad Nelson, and JJ stopped by well, Brad Nelson was cut, you were dropped to the minors, and JJ is underwhelming us all.

To shake the curse, you will need to come back in and place an order...you know, to offset. Don't act like a Triple Order of TacoStix won't hit the spot after you shut down the Cardinals! Just, don't bring Bill Hall with you, AverageDude hangs out at Toppers quite a bit.

Regards,

Toppers Staff - Waukesha, WI

_____________________________________________________

To: Manny Parra
From: David Bush
12:03 PM
Subject: Both Pitching

Manny,

We are both making our triumphant returns this week, but does the beard return???? You'll just have to come to Appleton to watch. Good Luck

Dave

__________________________________________________

To: Manny Parra
From: Ryan Braun
12:47
Subject: (No Subject)

Manny,

We know that you want to make a statement today, and believe me I could go for some competent pitching these days.....so, we are going to try our best to help you out, but just don't expect too much from us batters today. I mean, it is a day game on a warm sunny day, so, that means that there will be shadows AND the roof will be open! We just can't perform in those kind of conditions...you understand. Oh shoot, the National Anthem is starting

Good Luck Brah,

Ryan Braun #8

______________________________________________________

To: Manny Parra
From: Ned Yost
1:02 PM
Subject: Play for me!

Manny,

Seriously, screw the Brewers! I'm starting up a softball team for a bar league. Was wondering if you wanted in...I'll buy you a pitcher of beer per game. Get back to me, let me know what you think.

Nedley

No comments: