Friday, October 16, 2009

Yost interviews for Astros

Former Brewers manager Ned Yost has interviewed for the vacant managerial position with the NL Central Houston Astros. The post previously held by Brewers great Cecil Cooper.

"It's a process where I get to know them and they get to know me," Yost said. "I think it's important that they know what I think about their organization and my thoughts and philosophies on managing a baseball club. It was a lot of fun to be able to sit and talk about it."
Yost stresses his credentials (MLB.com)

Yost does offer experience with turning around a club, and has a winning mentality (see Bobby Cox). Unfortunately, Yost never saw playoff baseball in Milwaukee last year due to him "losing" the club. He deserves another chance as a manager and prove to some critics that he has what it takes to manage a winning ball club. Just not at the Brewers expense.

No comments: